A poorly crafted report may obscure important information and fail to convey the need for action. This course will help you write reports that are fit-for-purpose, easy-to-read, concise and useful.
This Workshop Is Ideal For
This is a hands-on, practical course for anyone keen to improve the content, structure, professionalism and usefulness of their written reports.
Great for managers at all levels who want to improve their report-writing skills. Bring a real-world example of a report you’re working on or planning to write. If your organisation has a template or specific requirements for this report, make sure you bring those too. Commercially sensitive content will not be shared with other workshop participants, and the trainer will maintain confidentiality.
- Understand different types of business reports
- Write for the report’s target audience and purpose
- Apply a clear and logical structure
- Help the reader quickly grasp content
- Avoid common errors and pitfalls
Topics Covered In This Training Course
- Report types Understand the report’s ‘who’, ‘what’ and ‘why’
- Audience Identify your audiences and what they need from your report
- Structure Apply a clear, logical structure that works for all your readers
- Style Use specific style techniques to help the reader quickly grasp content
- Avoid common mistakes Is your writing old-fashioned, too formal, or not formal enough? Learn to strike the right note
- Recommendations Engage your target reader with clear and proven recommendations.